Terazzo, Travertine & Marble Polishing
How to refinish terazzo, travertine and marble floors
Here’s an overview of the process (details vary depending on which products are used):
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous. Fix cracks or other existing damage.
- Clean & Prime. Mop and let thoroughly dry. Apply primer if necessary.
- Mix Product. Following instructions, mix the concrete resurfacer to prepare it for application.
- Apply Overlay. Apply the self-leveling overlay.
- Cure & Seal. After the overlay cures, add a sealer for additional protection or polish like a regular concrete slab. The sealer enhances its stain resistance and makes it easier to maintain.
Resurfacing a floor is not easy. Our professional contractors can do it for you.